Summer Gaming Blowout: Round 2
Best Buy is it again! This time the focus is on providing an opportunity to catch up on the titles that have been available for some time but are now at a price point that make them nearly irresistible. If your backlog was in jeopardy of running low (not likely, I'm sure) now is a really, REALLY, good time to stock back up while we wait for the next round of AAA new releases.
Be sure to check your local Best Buy store for availability and pricing. In the meantime, here is just a sampling of the titles - and their epic prices - that jumped out at me:
- The Darkness 2 $14.99 (PS3/360)
- Sorcery $14.99 (PS3)
- James Bond 007 Bloodstone $9.99 (360)
- Medieval Moves: Deadman's Quest $9.99 (PS3)
- Crisis 2 $9.99 (PS3/360)
- NBA Jam $9.99 (Wii)
- Adventures of Tin Tin $9.99 (Wii)
- Child of Eden $9.99 (PS3/360)
- Singularity $9.99 (PS3/360) **highly underrated game / highly recommended**
- Dead Space 2 $9.99 (PS3/360) **this is a no-brainer and a must buy**
- Rayman Origins $9.99 (PS3/360) **another no-brainer**
- Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $7.99 (PS3/360)
- Bulletstorm $4.99 (PS3/360)
These titles are just a fraction of the of games that are marked down; and they're not just limited to the 3 consoles. I stumbled across several hand-held titles in the $9.99 price range that might be of interest. Sadly, I didn't see any Vita titles but a little birdy has hinted that we may be seeing a Sony MSRP change specific to Vita titles in the near future.
In addition to the discounted games, there are also a number of accessories available that range in price from $49.99 all the way down to $0.99.