We Band Together for Extra Life
A Band of Gamers will be participating in Extra Life during our first year of existence. We figured since it was for such a great cause, we could pull something together and help heal some kids. Best part? We get to play 24 straight hours of videogames while raising money for area hospitals. Win/Win really.
The event is scheduled for Saturday October 20, 2012, and we'll be kicking it off at 8am CST. We created a web page, available in the top menu of this website, that includes a calendar of Extra Life gaming events, donation information and provides a forums for the community to share ideas and set up gaming sessions.
You have a few options if you'd like to help support the A Band of Gamers Extra Life fundraising event:
- Donate to one or more of the A Band of Gamers team members
- Join the A Band of Gamers team as a participant and play games for 24 hours while also raising money for a hospital of your choosing in the Children's Miracle Network. The money you raise will be counted towards the money raised by the A Band of Gamers team.
- Volunteer to host a multiplayer or co-op session during the event
- Play games with the ABOG team and help support them during their 24 hour gaming marathon
- Promote the A Band of Gamers Extra Life team
Please join us for this amazing event.